Here is a quick and easy vada recipe.. These can be made in minutes.What is more appetizing than a hot bowl of soup and something crunchy on a cold day. The vadas are crispy outside and soft on the inside. There is no soaking and planning to make these instant super yummy vadas..
Roasted Channa Dhal -- 1 cup
Rice Flour -- 4tbsp
Onions -- 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green chillie paste -- 1tsp ( or according to taste)
Ginger -- 1 inch finely chopped
Cilantro -- 4tbsp finely chopped
Curry Leaves -- 2 springs finely chopped
Asafoetida -- 2 pinches
Aniseed -- 1 tbsp
Salt -- to taste
Water -- as needed to make the dough
Oil for deep frying
- Grind the roasted Channa Dhal to a coarse powder.
- Add to a bowl and mix all the other ingredients to it except oil.
- Add water slowly and mix to a stiff dough consistency.
- Make small balls and flatten them
- Heat a pan with oil
- Drop in the vada slowly
- Deep fry till golden brown in colour on both sides
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot..
Yummy instant vadas are ready..
- You could use green chillies finely chopped. I prefer using green chillie paste as it is easy to serve to my little one.
- You could bake them in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20 to 15 minutes and then broil them for 2 minutes on both sides.