After a long break i managed to blog again. Hope to be more frequent with it .To start my blogging back agin here is quick and easy fried rice recipe... This is my sister-in-law D’s recipe:
Basmati Rice - - 2 cups (cooked)
Onion - - 1 sliced lengthwise
Garlic -- 3 pods finely minced
Ginger -- 1/2" piece finely minced
Garam masala powder -- 1/2 tbsp
Green chilies -- 4 slit lengthwise
Mixed veggies (Carrots, Beans, Cabbage) - - 1 cup
Green Peas -- ¼ cup
Cloves -- 2
Cardamom - - 2(coarsely crushed)
Bay leaf -- 1
Ground pepper and salt - according to taste
Ghee -- 1 tbsp
Oil -- 1 tbsp
Cashews, raisins - to garnish
Coriander leaves - to garnish
1. Cook the rice separately.
2. In a pan heat oil and fry the cloves, cardamom and bay leaf for a minute or two.
3. Add chopped onions and sauté until tender.
4. Add the chillies, chopped garlic and ginger, sauté for another 2min.
5. Add the veggies except peas and keep frying.
6. When the veggies are 3/4th cooked, add garam masala and peas, cook till the peas turn tender and soft.
7. Finally add the cooked rice, ghee, salt and pepper.
8. Toss and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
9. Garnish and serve.
Adding a tbsp of lemon juice to rice while coooking makes the rice separate and white.
Adding salt to rice while cooking makes the rice taste better.