Here is a very helathy dosa. I actually got inspired from Usha to make these . Of late i have heard a lot and read a lot about the goodness of the grain Quinoa but never tried it. The moment i read Usha post of Quinao flax Uttapam i also decided it is time to try it. You can read about it here : Veg Inspirations. Here is my sligtly modified version of the dosa :
Urad Dhal -- 1/4 cup
Beaten Rice /Phoa -- 1/4 cup
Green chillies -- 4 (or according to spice level)
Salt -- to taste
Oil -- for making dosas
- Rinse and soak all the above ingredients other than salt and oil for 5 to 6 hours.
- Grind with green chillies to a thick batter consistency.
- Add salt.
- Allow to ferment overnight at a warm place.
- Once the fermentation is over you could make dosas immediately or mix well and refrigerate.
- Heat a griddle or a dosa pan.
- Take a laddle full of batter.
- Pour it at the center and spread it out making a circle.
- Pour a tsp of oil around the circumference of the dosa.
- Wait for a minute and flip over and cook the other side.
- Remove when it is light golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with any kind of chutney or sambar.
To know more about the grain Quinoa see this link :Quinoa Grain
To know more about buckwheat click here : Buckwheat