Banana Bread is such a common recipe and what every one thinks of when they see over riped banana's lying on the the counter top. .. The same with me too. Wanted to bake a bananas bread to take it to a friends place but wanted to make it with a variation and more healthy too. The moment my little one heard me say i was going to bake she wanted a chocolate cake .
The original recipe was made of all purpose flour and it had 2 eggs in it. So reduced the all purpose flour, added whole wheat and oats flours and added chocolate powder to make it a chocolate bread.. and of course omitted the egg to ..
Oh the result was simply awesome.. the bread was a real melt in the mouth.. Do give it a try and let me know..
All Purpose Flour-- 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour-- 3/4 cup
Rolled oats -- 1/2 cup (processed to a powder in a blender)
Baking Powder -- 1 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda -- 1/2 tsp
Hershey's Chocolate Powder -- 1/4 cup
Salt -- 1/2 tsp
Sugar 2/3 cup
Butter -- 1/3 cup at room temperature
Milk -- 5tbsp
Vanilla extract -- 1tsp
Banana -- 2 large overripe ( mashed)
- Position the rack in the center and preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Lightly grease and dust a Loaf pan. ( Approx 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch).
- In a large bowl blend the two flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, coco powder and salt.
- In a bowl beat the sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
- Beat in the milk , vanilla extract and bananas.
- Combine the two mixtures, blending until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scrape the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the bread comes out clean and the top is golden.
- Remove from oven and cool the pan on wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan.
- Allow to cool on wire rack and then slice ..
Enjoy the wholesome bread ...