Serves : 1
Tomatoes -- 2
Ginger -- 1tsp
Garlic -- 1tsp
Garam Masala Poweder -- 1/4 tsp
Bay Leaf -- 1 small
Green chillie -- 1 small or as per taste
Cumin seeds -- 1/4tsp
Cilantro Leaves-- little finely chopped
Sugar -- 1/4 tsp
Salt -- As per taste
- Wash and cut tomatoes .
- Cook tomatoes with ginger, garlic, green chilies ,Garam Masala and Bay leaf.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes on slow flame till tomatoes are cooked and mashed.
- Blend in a mixer removing the bay leaf
- Strain the mixture with a strainer.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, let them crackle.
- Add strained soup and season with salt.
- Bring it to a boil and add sugar.
- Serve tamatar ka shorba hot garnished with cilantro leaves and bread croutons.