- Sieve together All-purpose flour and baking powder. Keep aside
- Mix sugar and butter till soft and fluffy .
- Add buttermilk and stir well until blended.
- To the buttermilk mixture, add all-purpose flour, soda water and mix well. But don't over mix.
- Finally add vanilla essence, mix well and pour in a greased cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This is off to Madhuram's egg substitute event : http://www.egglesscooking.com/2009/03/18/announcing-egg-substitute-event-yogurtbuttermilk/