Dry Coconut Flakes -- 1 cupRed Chillies -- 8 ( or according to spice level)
Curry Leaves -- 2 springs
Cumin seeds -- 1tbsp
Ginger powder -- 2tsp
- Heat a pan and fry dry coconut flakes, red chillies and curry leaves till dry and light golden brown in colour.
- Allow to cool.
- Add cumin seeds and ginger powder.
- Grind to a coarse powder.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator..
How to use it :
Method 1 :
- To one cup thick yogurt add 1 1/2 tbsp of powder and mix, add salt according to taste.
- Heat 1tsp of coconut oil in a pan
- When hot add 1tsp of mustard seeds, when they start to splutter add few pieces of okra and fry till soft .
- Add the yogurt mixture and remove the pan..
- Serve with hot rice..
- In a microwave safe bowl , To 1 cup of thick yogurt add 1 1/2 tbsp of spice powder mix and salt to taste.
- Microwave for 20 seconds..
- Serve with hot rice.
Here is look of the spice powder mixed in yogurt :