Sugar -- 1 tsp
Warm water -- 1 1/2 cups
Active dry yeast -- 1 tbsp
Olive oil -- 1tbsp
Salt -- 1tsp
Whole wheat flour -- 2 cups
All-purpose flour -- 1 1/2 cups
- In a bowl dissolve sugar in warm water.
- Sprinkle yeast over the top, and let stand for about 10 minutes, until foamy.
- Stir the olive oil and salt into the yeast mixture.
- Mix in the whole wheat flour and 1 cup of the all-purpose flour until dough starts to come together.
- Dough out onto a surface floured with the remaining 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, and knead until all of the flour has been absorbed, and the ball of dough becomes smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface.
- Cover loosely with a towel, and let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- When the dough is doubled, slightly punch the dough to make a tight ball. Let rise again for about 45 minutes, until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin to the thickness required . Then, drape it with your fists, When the circle has reached the desired size, place on a well oiled pizza pan. ( I have used a 12 inch pan)
- Top pizza with your favorite sauce and toppings, such as cheese and vegetables.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes (depending on thickness) in the preheated oven, until the crust is crisp and golden at the edges, and cheese is melted on the top.
- Remove , cut into wedges and serve...