This is my mom's recipe. This is something which i have cherished and enjoyed eating throughout my childhood days. Now it is time that i share this recipe with you all. This was my grand finale cake which i decorated in my course one.. Here goes another view of the cake :
Butter -- 8 Tbsp
Vanilla extract -- 1 tsp
Nutmeg powder -- 1 tsp
All Purpose Flour -- 1 cup
Semolina -- 1 tsp
Baking powder -- 1/2 tsp
Baking soda -- 1/2 tsp
Powdered Sugar -- 3/4 cup
Dry Grapes / cashew few (optional)
salt -- 1 pinch
- Sift all purpose flour, Baking powder ,baking soda , salt and nutmeg powder twice and set aside.
- Mix a tbsp of flour to the grapes and cashews and roll them till they get coated with flour. This prevents them from sinking to the bottom when baking.
- Grease a cake pan and set aside.
- Beat Sugar and butter till soft and creamy.
- Mix all the ingredients together with the sugar and butter mixture . Mix gently. Do not over beat this.
- Pour in a greased pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree pre heated oven till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean .
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes..
- Slowly turn the cake upside down and remove pan..
- Allow to cool completely for frosting..
Notes : Could replace the dry grapes and cashews with tutti fruity or sweetened papaya's..