Urad Dhal -- 1 cup
Channa Dal -- 1/4 cup
Methi Seeds -- 2 tsps
Thick Poha -- 3tbsp
Rice -- 3 3/4 cup
Salt -- to taste
Oil -- As required for roasting
- Wash rice, urad dhal, channa dal, methi seeds and poha really well.. that would 3 to 4 times.
- Soak them together for 6 to 8 hours.
- Grind the soaked ingredients with minimum water as possible ( The thicker the batter the more crisp the dosa )
- Add Salt and let it ferment for 12 hours..
- Mix the batter really well .
- Heat a griddle and pour a ladle full of batter and circle it out to form a thin circle with the help of the back of the ladle.
- Pour a teaspoon of oil/ghee around the edges of the dosa and cooking till it is light golden brown in colour. ( I prefer cooking the dosa just on one side as it is more crispy, if you prefer you could flip the dosa over and cook the other side also.)
- Serve hot with Sambar or Chutney..