Here goes the recipe :
For the Dough :
Luke warm milk -- 1/2 cup
Active dry yeast -- 2 tsp
All purpose flour -- 1 cup
Oats Powder -- 1/2 cup (I Powdered quick oats in the blender )
Salt -- 1/2 tsp
Melted butter -- 1tsp
Flour for dusting
For the Masala:
Red Capsicum -- 1/2 cup chopped finely
Green Capsicum -- 1/2 cup chopped finely
Yellow Capsicum -- 1/2 cup chopped finely
Potato -- 1 medium boiled and mashed
Onion -- 1/4 cup chopped finely
Green Peas -- 1/4 cup
Mint leaves -- 2tbsp chopped finely
Cilantro -- 2tbsp chopped finely
Curry leaves -- 1 tbsp finely chopped
Oil -- 2 tsp
Mustard seeds -- 1/2 tsp
Jeera seeds -- 1/2 tsp
Red chillies powder -- 1/2 tsp (OR according to spice level)
Turmeric powder -- 1/4 tsp
Salt -- to taste
For the Bread :
- Mix Luke warm milk, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl...keep aside for 5 minutes, the yeast will turn foamy..
- Take the flour in a large bowl, add the foamy yeast to the flour n knead them as dough, It would be extremely sticky, but after kneading them for few minutes they will turn elastic...
- Keep the dough in a warm place for an hour or so.
- The Dough would rise to double the size..
Meanwhile prepare the masala filling :
For the masala:
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds n cumin seeds n let them crack,
- Add the chopped onion n stir them until they turns transculent
- Now add the chopped capsicums , and fry till they turn soft ..
- Add salt, turmeric powder and chilly powder at this stage
- Add the green peas and fry for a minute
- Now add the mashed potatoes mint leaves, coriander leaves , curry leaves, and cook till soft and mushy, put off the stove...
- Remove and allow to cool..
Shaping the dough :
- The dough would have risen, slowly punch the dough to remove the air.
- Using some flour for dusting , roll out the dough into a slightly thick square.
- Spread the filling on top the flattened dough.
- Now carefully roll the dough tightly to form a log shape . make sure to seal the edges while rolling.
- Place the roll in a slightly greased loaf pan.
- Cover and allow to rest in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour brush the top of the loaf with melted butter and bake in an preheated 350 degree over for 25 to minutes .. or until it turn golden brown in colour..
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for about 30 minutes
- Make slices and serve with tea..