Whole wheat flour -- 1 cup
Dried yeast -- 1/2 tsp
Sugar -- a pinch
Salt -- 1/2 tsp
To be mixed for stuffing :
Low fat paneer -- 1/4 cup crumbled
Green chilli -- 1 finely chopped
Turmeric powder -- 1/4tsp
kasuri methi -- 1/4 tsp
Chopped coriander -- 3tbsp
Mixed Vegetables -- 1/4 cup (finely chopped and boiled)
Salt to taste
For the stuffing:
- Mix all the ingredients together and divide them into 5 equal portions and make balls and keep aside.
For the khulcha dough :
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water and leave aside for 10 minutes or until the yeast begins to ferment.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough, using enough water until it is smooth and elastic .
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx.15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
To Proceed :
- Roll out one portion of the khulcha dough into a 2"diameter circle.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6 " diameter with the help of a little flour.
- Cook on a non-stick pan, using a little oil, until both sides are golden brown. The khulchas should puff up like phulkas.
- Serve immediately.