1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup butter
4 tablespoons cheese, grated ( I used Cheddar cheese)
2 pinches salt
- Sieve the flour and add the salt.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Add ice-cold water (approx. 1 tablespoon) and make a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board to about 6 mm. (¼") thickness.
- Cut into 50 mm. (2") long strips using a knife.
- Arrange the straws on an ungreased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
This is off to Padmajha's cooking for toddlers event : http://seduceyourtastebuds.blogspot.com/2009/02/tasty-bites-for-toddlers.html